Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (reference the position and number in the subject line)
Posted: June 2018
Position: Applications Engineer (C0025)
Veloxint Corporation, a dynamic Boston-area materials start-up, commercializes new nanocrystalline metals created through an MIT-developed powder metallurgy (PM) approach. Veloxint is entering an exciting growth phase and is seeking an Applications Engineer (AE) as a member of the commercial organization.
The Applications Engineer will report to the Product Market Director. In this role, the successful candidate would take a hands-on approach and work alongside Customers and Veloxint Engineers to develop and/or improve customer applications and processes (new and existing), and to coordinate/perform relevant testing and analysis. The successful candidate will also use the appropriate methodologies and tools to correlate Voice of the Customer (VoCs) and other application-level requirements into measurable product requirements and targets to guide new product development.
Key duties and responsibilities will evolve over time, but will include:
- Build relevant application knowledge base for target markets
- Develop close relationship with the customer and provide timely technical assistance to customers through phone calls, emails, and direct visits
- Translate customer needs into clear product CTQ’s and communicate them broadly to internal teams to guide product development
- Coordinate with material characterization and product development teams for material analysis, failure mode analysis, testing (in-house and external), sample preparation, and logistics
- For customer application-specific requests, generate the project plan, execute the test, gather results, and develop technical reports, with findings and recommendations, to share with the customer
- Support marketing team on competitor monitoring and analysis, and market research
- Support marketing activities including, but not limited to, social media, trade shows, lead generation, and lead follow-up
Key experience and expertise required for this position include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Materials Science is required
- 3-5 years of experience in aerospace, automotive, or industrial applications is highly desirable with working knowledge of (at least one of): metal, powdered metal, or ceramic/metal matrix properties and applications
- Demonstrated ability to function and thrive in early-stage and start-up environments
- Strong listening, observation, and communication skills
- Strong process and data analytical skills, as well as technical report writing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and computer skills
- Proficiency with CAD/CAM software is highly desirable
This position requires an entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to effectively operate and problem solve based on limited information/experience when necessary.
Veloxint Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.