Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com (reference the position and number in the subject line)
Posted: February 2019
Position: Business Development Intern - Summer 2019 (C0041)
Veloxint Corporation, a dynamic Boston-area materials start-up, commercializes new nanocrystalline metals created through an MIT-developed powder metallurgy (PM) approach. Veloxint is entering an exciting growth phase, and is seeking a Business Development Intern as a member of the commercial organization.
We are looking for a high energy, highly motivated Business Development or Marketing Intern to work in Veloxint’s office (currently located in Framingham, MA but moving to Waltham, MA in mid-2019) and support the commercial organization. The intern will provide a wide range of market research, competitive analysis, and project support as necessary. The ideal candidate will be flexible with a broad set of competencies, have excellent oral and written communication skills, and be very interested in supporting and growing a new business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitor, research, and analyze requested information for projects. Collect and synthesize data on topics such as industry & market trends, customer & supplier assessments, and competitor analysis. Industries and end markets of interest include transportation (aerospace and automotive) lightweighting, 3D printing and advanced manufacturing, high performance tooling, etc.
- Identify new business opportunities for Veloxint to pursue based on the benefits of the technology. In collaboration with management, put together a business plan that summarizes the relevant markets, competitions, economics, risks, timeline, and market entry approach.
- Research information to provide support to Management Team
- Provide marketing support, including input to the company’s website and social media presence
- Create ad-hoc reports for management as needed
- Local travel to events/locations relevant to the essential functions
Core competencies for this role:
- Previous experience conducting market research required.
- Some experience or interest in the following:
- Strategic Thinking
- Analytic Thinking
- Project Management
- Financial Analysis
- Sense of urgency and ownership of results
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Close attention to detail, with a flexible problem-solving mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience & Education:
- MBA candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Chemistry, Engineering, Materials Science) are highly preferred
- Will also consider highly motivated undergraduate candidates with a business focus
- Manufacturing industry experience is highly desired
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Veloxint is an Equal Opportunity Employer.