Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com (reference the position and number in the subject line)
Posted: January 2019
Position: Senior Financial Analyst (M0040)
Veloxint Corporation, a dynamic Boston-area materials start-up, commercializes new and transformative nanocrystalline metals created through an MIT-developed powder metallurgy (PM) approach. Veloxint is entering an exciting growth phase and is seeking a contract Senior Financial Analyst.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a driven, intellectually curious accountant to embark on a career in financial planning and analysis. You will be working closely with the Director of Finance and business leadership to develop forecasts, management reports, and analyses in support of the company’s growth. This is a contract position with the possibility of conversion to an employee in the future.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Partner with the Accounting team to ensure accuracy and completeness of actual results
- Understand the key drivers of business results in order to provide insightful analysis
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reporting packages, annual budgets, and quarterly forecast updates
- Analyze operating expenses, identify trends and factors driving variances to plan and forecast, and recommend actions
- Provide analytical support to help influence business decisions and achieve business objectives
- Assist in the design, implementation, and enhancement of financial tools and processes
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a BS in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years of accounting experience in either public accounting or the accounting department of a publicly traded company
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, dynamic environment, work independently, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to take ownership of projects and outcomes
- Familiarity with ERP solutions and a knack for learning new systems
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Advanced Excel skills and attention to detail required
Veloxint is an Equal Opportunity Employer.